I would like to develop a working
society which everyone can enjoy
equally to achieve their personal
dreams and enjoy the ride
their whole life.
- Rachit Garg / ガラグ ラチット
- Platform Development Division 3
System Platform Development Center
R&D Headquarters Business Technologies
- Joined in 2016
- Majored; Electronics and communication Engineering
- Designed Object Velocity Adaptive Camera Shutter Time Camera Sensor for Suppression of Motion Blur. Developed a speed determination algorithm based on the movement of the object’s first and the second order of the moment and realized it at circuit level for Real time adaptation in order to improve captured video quality.
- Attended a lot of fundamental trainings for software coding, I developed an algorithm for speeding up the processing of printing, and a control logic for printer controller’s Server.
- 1. Working in collaboration with Panasonic on a proposal for the health solution for enterprises to assure a good working environment for employees.
2. Involved in a development of ongoing project of Secure Password-less System and acted as a project coordinator during the Business trip to Konica’s US Laboratory in California.
- Current work
- Currently designing and developing a prototype for the meeting assistant solution using AI
technologies (NLP*, recommendation services & knowledge graph) for assisting meeting participants’ knowledge by immediate content recommendations and automatizing user tasks for the efficiency of increasing meetings. The future goal is to analyze the meeting conversations and to automate the decision making in meetings by means of using facts and opinions presented by the participants.
*NLP; Natural Language Processing
" 5 Q&As about Garg’s challenge "
Q1. Why I chose KM
1. Company’s general reputation
2. Presence in multiple countries
3. Working in a Japanese environment of hard working people
4. Working in Tokyo
5. Learning new culture/language
6. Future scope of KM’s expansion in India.
Q2. What made me grow
I had never been to abroad before I started working in KM, but I knew that unknown environments always bring us precious learnings as we had to move to many towns with various cultures in my childhood since my father was a banker. Though the decision to work in Japan was tough, I wanted to experience a completely different culture as it really helps broaden the mindsets and foster growth to the new ideas. As the popular saying goes “You can only learn on the hard way”, Now I have come to believe that I chose the right way.
Through this challenge I also realized the importance of studying the language spoken in Japan for the real face to face communication. English isn’t enough to convey or experience feelings and nuances here in Japan, moreover to create trusted relationships.
Consequently, apart from technical skills I have developed good communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
Q3. My theme
I believe the most valuable asset all the humans have received equally is TIME. However as they turn into adults and become a part of the society, it is disappointing to see people working and killing their time into the things they don’t love to do. Most people work hard only because they can earn money or achieve reputation in their small societal circle.
If a person calculates his/her net gain a day by substituting money with time and then equating it with the happiness level you achieved, the net result in terms of happiness is negative or very low in most cases. This is how a society goes on in most placesin the world, and I want to make a change the working philosophy of such a society.
I would like to create a society where everyone carries a dream and the goal is just to see that come true. There is nothing as joyful as experiencing the path to achieve your dreams fulfilled.
Q4. To achieve my theme
Working in this corporate environment I have felt that there are serious inefficiencies in the ways people work. One of the biggest culprits who consume our time is the meetings. Some people recognize it as a time-killer, however, almost no one tries to reduce them.
I am currently working on creating a platform that enables people to remove the bottlenecks that occur during meetings and to automate the tasks on which people are most likely to waste their time. The goal is to make more free time available for the employees, which they can spend fulfilling their own dreams.
It’s very important to carry a dream with yourselves before you enter into the company and then try as hard as you can to achieve the dreams even if it takes to be assertive to the people around you. At the beginning they might be apprehensive but slowly you will find them helping you achieve your dreams. When you do that you will realize that it’s the journey to achieve your dreams that gives you the utmost joy in the life. This is what I’ve been actually experiencing here in Konicamionlta.
One day in Yoyogi park,
I met a guy with 8-10 cute dogs.
I was so happy but how do they look…?